Monday, May 9, 2011

Guilty Mother's Day!

Today I got the Mother's Day Card that Rosalía made for me at daycare last week. 

There's a fairly regular formula the daycare follows when making holiday cards. It goes like this: The child crafts something, often using hand prints, foot prints,  or some other measure of growth that highlights the fleeting nature of our children's tender youth. Then the child will dictate a message, which the teacher transcribes. 

So, I got my card, written in Spanish. "Happy Mother's Day" it says--


So far so good. Then I opened it to find this very darling image--


Love! Then I look over at her message, which read--


"I love you mommy." ...... "I miss you mommy." ?!?!

Really?!?! Cue the sounds of a plunger plunging my heart *guilt, guilt, guilt*. Sigh... It's very rare that I buy into working-mom guilt. But come on!

Oh, life.

No comments: